Our Team Can Answer All Your Questions
Certified Climate Control is your local expert for all things related to your HVAC system. One of our specialties is providing service for commercial systems in office buildings, warehouses, and other large commercial spaces. These systems must provide heating and cool for a much larger area than a residential unit, which means they are often more complex and require service from someone with specific experience. Our team is qualified to provide maintenance and repairs for your commercial heating and cooling system in Orlando, FL. We’re here to answer all your questions and have compiled a list of the most common ones we receive, so you have access to the information you need. Please reach out to us with any additional questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Though commercial HVAC systems work in a similar manner as residential units, they still are somewhat different. Our team has experience with both residential and commercial systems, so you can be sure we know how to provide the proper care and service for your unit. The primary differences of a commercial unit include:
- Larger in Size: Obviously, a commercial unit is much larger than a residential one. These units have to heat and cool a much larger area than a residential unit, and to do so, they must be much larger and more powerful.
- Condensation & Drainage: Most residential units have a single-pan drainage system to collect and dispel condensation. However, commercial systems create much more condensation and therefore require a more advanced drainage system.
- More Complex: Due to the size of buildings they heat and cool, commercial HVAC systems are much more complicated than residential units. Commercial space has many more rooms, and the temperature may vary significantly between all of them, requiring the need for a more intricate system design to monitor and control the temperature in each.
- Location of the Unit: Residential units are installed at ground level, while most commercial HVAC systems are located on the rooftops of buildings.
Sometimes, it can be difficult to know when your system is in need of attention from a professional. You must be observant and look out for any warning signs, as the sooner you address the problem, the better. The first sign of trouble is uneven heating or cooling throughout your commercial space. For example, if there are significant differences in temperature between rooms, it could be a sign that the system is not functioning as it should. Problems with a commercial HVAC system rarely occur all at once. Rather, minor issues may begin piling up before you even realize that something is wrong. That’s why it’s essential to have your system regularly serviced, usually on a bi-annual basis.
Just like your car performs best when it’s well-maintained, so does your HVAC system. These units have a set of intricate and complex internal parts, all of which work together to create a comfortable interior environment. Regular inspections and tune-ups by a professional will help your system stay in the best shape possible. In addition, it will also allow your technician to catch any concerns before they turn into larger problems. Our team can provide the maintenance your system needs to ensure your business stays comfortable year-round. Enrolling in a routine maintenance plan is an excellent idea because it:
- Helps to prevent expensive breakdowns
- Reduces the risk of uncomfortable conditions in your building due to a breakdown or malfunctioning system
- Lowers energy bills by helping your system run more efficiently
- Helps to extend the life of your HVAC system
Your ductwork is an important component of your HVAC system, as it carries warmed or cooled air throughout your space to help regulate the interior temperature. For this reason, your ductwork must remain in good condition. If you are concerned that you may have a problem with your ductwork, we highly suggest having it inspected. Issues with this system, like leaks, cracks, and incorrectly sized ductwork, can result in increased costs as your system will have to work harder to make up for the energy lost. A professional will be able to identify any problems with the ductwork and repair them quickly.
The size of your HVAC system plays an important role in how effectively it controls the temperature of your commercial space. You want to be sure your system is the correct size, as an improperly sized unit could cause issues that result in wasted energy and uncomfortable interior conditions. You may encounter frequent problems if:
- Your System Is Too Small: If your HVAC system is too small for space, it will most likely not be able to heat and cool your home efficiently when extreme weather occurs. For example, if it is an especially hot day, a system that is too small will have to work extra hard to keep up with the cooling demands. To do so, it will constantly run, which will increase your energy usage and drive up your monthly bill.
- The System is Too Big: If your system is too big, it can have trouble properly reducing the moisture present in the air. When your system is too big, you may notice that after the system has run and switched off because it’s reached the target temperature, that the air still feels humid. A system of the proper size will ensure your space can be heated and cooled effectively.
The best way to determine the appropriate thermostat for your building is to consult with an HVAC professional. Smaller commercial buildings may be able to use a residential thermostat, especially if space does not need to have zoned areas that require different temperatures. However, if you have a facility with multiple buildings or a larger building that will need separate zoning, it’s best to install a system of multiple thermostats. A professional HVAC technician can install these thermostats in one central location, which will allow you to control all areas of your building easily without having to visit each zone separately. We also highly recommend programmable thermostats, as they allow you easier control and more efficient usage of your system.
Service from our team of HVAC professionals can help you save money in a number of different ways. First and foremost, regular maintenance of your system can help it run more efficiently, prevent potential breakdowns, and help to prolong the life of your equipment, all of which help to save you money. In addition, if your current system is old and needs to be replaced, we can help you choose a new energy-efficient model. Installing this will help you cut down on energy waste and save you money on your monthly costs.
When you need service to your HVAC system, it’s important to hire a qualified professional. The first thing you should look for is a team with years of experience and expertise in commercial systems. Another good thing to consider is customer reviews. Do some research online about the companies in your area and see what past customers have said about their service. Lastly, it’s usually a good idea to choose a company that offers financing options, as this will give you more payment flexibility.
Contact Our Team for More Information
If you are interested in hiring us to service your commercial HVAC system, we encourage you to reach out to our team today. We can answer any questions you have and schedule a service appointment. We serve all of Orange, Seminole, and Volusia Counties in Florida, including Alafaya, Apopka, Azalea Park, Bay Hill, Oakland, and Orlando. Contact us today!
12 Months Special Financing*
*Available with approved credit on the purchase of a new air conditioning & heating system. Financing provided by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. with approved credit.
Please keep in mind that Wells Fargo Retail Services cannot provide legal advice to clients. The disclosures were drafted to satisfy the requirements applicable to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Please consult your own attorney/s for advice regarding your applicable advertising requirements.
This offer is available to residential homeowners only. This offer may not be combined with any other offers. No dealers, please! Prices are after all power rebates and discounts.
Contact Us Today!
We are rated A+ by the BBB. We have been voted the “Best AC Contractor in our service area” by Angie’s List and have been awarded the Super Service award for over 10 years in a row!