Answers to Your Questions About Air Conditioner Maintenance
Air conditioners in central Florida must work hard to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures. If you live in Orlando, Seminole, Orange, or Volusia County, it’s essential to maintain your air conditioner regularly to keep it up and running all summer long.
Trust Certified Climate Control for a job well done. We treat your home and family the way we’d like to be treated, offering exceptional AC services that can’t be beat. Before scheduling your next appointment, learn the answers to some of the most common questions about AC maintenance.
How Often Should I Change the Air Filter?
Changing the filter when it becomes clogged is arguably the most important HVAC maintenance task. This maintains adequate airflow so the AC doesn’t overheat. It also helps cooled air circulate efficiently to keep your utility bills down.
Standard air filters should be checked once a month and replaced after no more than three months. High-efficiency filters may last up to a year, and some filters can be washed and reused.
What Does Professional Air Conditioner Maintenance Entail?
Replacing the filter is only one part of maintaining your AC unit. While you can complete this yourself, most maintenance tasks should be left to a professional with the proper tools, experience, and know-how to tune up your cooling system effectively.
A Signature 24 Point Tune-Up from Certified Climate Control includes:
- Checking the refrigerant charge
- Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Checking and tightening all electrical connections
- Inspecting the relays for wear and tear
- Cleaning the drain line and condensate pump
- Checking system airflow
- Balancing and cleaning the blower wheel
- Checking the ductwork for leaks or damage
- And more
What are the Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance?
At Certified Climate Control, we recommend maintaining your air conditioner once or twice a year. It’s easy to skip these tune-ups, but once you realize the benefits that await you, you’ll never miss another visit. Here’s what you stand to gain:
- Lower energy bills
- Fewer mid-season breakdowns
- Reduced air conditioner repair bills
- Extended equipment lifespan
- Improved home comfort and indoor air quality
- Peace of mind
Should I Sign Up for an AC Maintenance Membership?
While you can schedule AC maintenance without a membership, we recommend signing up for a Certified Protection Plan to enjoy the following benefits and savings:
- 10% discount on parts, service, and accessories
- $100 system replacement credit for each consecutive year you remain a member, up to $1000
- Two Signature 24 Point Tune-Ups per year
- Discounted after-hours emergency service
- Priority service
- Antimicrobial spray with every tune-up
When it’s time to enhance the comfort of your home, it’s time to call Certified Climate Control. We can maintain your air conditioner to prevent problems and conduct air conditioning repairs when necessary. Our team is also trained to perform professional AC installation when the time comes to upgrade your system. For more information about air conditioner maintenance or to schedule services near Orlando, please contact us today.